Loading...
Loading...

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Is overexposure to electronics making you sick?

Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity is a little understood condition caused by overexposure to electric, magnetic, wireless, radio, or ionizing radiation.

Those suffering from Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity experience debilitating symptoms such as intense burning sensations, whole body aches, migraines and brain fog, which come about when they are in contact/using technology or not.

When seeking a diagnosis through conventional medical channels, patients often are subject to skepticism about the source of their illness. They suspect what is causing their illness but struggle to speak to someone who is familiar with the cause.

The team at Enviromed are amongst the only medical professionals in Toronto able to properly diagnose this often misunderstood condition, allowing them to create treatment plans that address its symptoms and underlying causes.

While you may have Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity, you don’t have to suffer, treatment is possible.

Suspect you may be suffering from
Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity?

What is Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity?

Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity (EHS) is a medical condition that affects a small percentage of the population and originates from the overexposure to certain types of electromagnetic frequencies.

It is sometimes called Electrical Sensitivity and Radiation Sickness and is exacerbated by the large amounts of electric, magnetic, wireless, radio or ionizing radiation created by technological devices.

Common symptoms of Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity

Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity symptoms include:

  • Burning sensations in the face or other parts of the body
  • A tingling or prickling sensation across the face or other parts of the body
  • Rashes
  • A swelling of the mucous membranes such as nose, throat, ears, and sinuses without any infectious cause
  • Brain fog, and problems with concentration, loss of memory and dizziness
  • Aches and pains in muscles and joints
  • Insomnia
  • Chronic fatigue
  • Headaches and nausea
  • Teeth and jaw pains
  • Heart palpitations, irregular heartbeats

If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms and have not been able to find a diagnosis or treatment that provides relief for your symptoms, you may be suffering from Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity.

What Causes Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity

Symptoms of Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity can be brought on by a trigger event, such as the construction of a new mobile phone tower in the area.

Or, it can be due to ongoing exposure to electromagnetic frequencies from new devices, such as computers, electric cars, TVs or wireless modems.

Common sources include:

  • Household appliances
  • Mobile phones
  • Computers
  • WiFi
  • Microwave ovens
  • Electricity
  • Mobile phone towers
  • Televisions
  • Power lines
  • Electric cars

Depending on the person, Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity symptoms that range from mild to severe, and may depend on the exposure and trigger event.

Treating Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity

Most doctors are not trained to diagnose or treat Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity, making it hard for a sick patient to get a diagnosis.

The first step to treating Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity is recognizing what groups are is associated with the condition.

At Enviromed, we have years of experience investigating, diagnosing and treating this often misunderstood illness. Our team of Naturopathic Doctors is amongst the few professionals in Ontario who have received additional training in Environmental Medicine, which can identify Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity.

The treatment plans put forth by our Naturopathic Doctors depend on each patient. They often include natural medications, environmental and lifestyle changes, stress mitigation, and dietary changes.

Your Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity can be treated successfully so you can live feeling well again.